A lot happened in 2013. Some I want to repeat, some I don’t, and plenty of new things I’d love to dig into for the first time in 2014. I think it’s good to share some of these and be transparent. Here goes:
- Sent 24 invoices for my services.
- Took 4.5 weeks of vacation.
- Worked on 6 projects that launched and 9 that didn’t (or haven’t yet).
- On those 15 total projects I had the privilege to work with around 36 unique teammates.
- Changed my job title once.
- Ran 330 miles including my first half marathon.
- Attended 2 conferences.
- Attended my first non-classical concert and it was awesome.
- The range from “x” to “y” was my forecasted income for 2013, and y was greater than 1.75x. I ended the year at 1.3x (math!).
- Changed my hair 6 times between 4 different styles.
- Failed to go snowboarding at least once for the first time in 12 years.
- Flew to NYC 4 times, took a bus to Boston 2 times, flew to Boston 1 time, flew to Seattle one time, and flew to Philadelphia one time.
- Dogfish Head beers are the most frequently consumed beer in my apartment making up 17% of the 2013 total.
I hope your 2013 was phenomenal, and here’s to a year of growth and learning in 2014.